we’re spending our days out and about, swimming, playing, and making plans to drive the Georgian loop later this summer
but this week, we’re sticking close to the water at a relative’s home… and while I will post about how we’ve done with out ‘greener living’ project later today, I’ll give a quick update now!
This past week we have
- gone from spending an average of $56 a week on Starbucks and Tim Hortons… to spending just $1.53
- reduced our waste at the curb by an incredible 70% (not including waste from sorting through old boxes in the garage – this was an exceptional circumstance and we freecycled everything we could)
- our groceries have come in at 80% local and 20% not
- tried kohlrabi for the first time
- reduced our average take out meal cost from $60 to $0
- doubled the amount of vegetables in our daily intake
- reduced our meat consumption
- tried two new recipes using only whole foods
- driven only 16 km without carpooling (down from approz 200km a week)
so far, all of our changes are going just swimmingly!